Thursday 5 April 2007

Progress

Well, one ball of Kureyon from the last post has already been converted into a Lizard Ridge block, another is half-way there and I've also done a bit more on the block I'm making with left-overs from other blocks. No photos of this progress though as I've been far too excited by the knitting and the thought of being 'almost there' to stop and get the camera out.

To make up for this photographic inertia, may I present an item from my archives.

This is a stole that I crocheted straight after I finished the ivory one for my wedding. The yarn is Rowan Kidsilk Haze, crocheted on a 4.5mm hook. There are dark red silver-lined glass seed beads at every second intersection (that's an awful lot of beads to string!). It was originally meant to be for my bridesmaid, but it didn't quite go with her dress (slightly too much blue in the KSH burgundy compared with the dress) as you can see from the last photograph, so I ended up taking it on honeymoon to Krakow and sewing her one from a very fine silk chiffon instead. NB The photo taken in the sunlight shows the colour better than the arty one on the tree which shows up the beading better.


Hope everyone has a great Easter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh those stoles are beautiful, how lovely to make your own wedding stole, have you worn it since?