Monday 30 July 2007

Ooooh, pretty!

I thought I'd provide some pretty eye candy that has brightened up my week. A few posts back, I showed some pictures of my spoils from Woolfest. Lurking in one of those pictures was a pile of space-dyed merino roving.

In fact, here it is...


Well, it occurred to me that it was probably too good to felt and that the particular blend of colours would be lost when combined with other roving I have. To cut a long story short, I got in touch with the wonderful Lilith who spun and plied it for me, and now I have approximately 190 yards of heavy sock yarn.


So, what to do with it? I didn't want to make any decisions before I saw the yarn as I couldn't picture what would happen to the colour distribution once it was plied. Now I've seen it, and it's beautiful, I really want to make the most of it. Suggestions please...

No comments: