Thursday 20 September 2007

Wispy bits and pieces

Wisp is finished, about which I'm really pleased. I really did not 'feel the love' for this project when she was on the needles but the finished product is pretty and will be a useful addition to my Christmas gift stash. She's knit in Kid Silk Haze on 5mm needles.

Here she is in her fluffy pre-block state...


And now she's all pinned out.


I can't believe how many mistakes I made in her, normally I'm really fastidious and rip back as soon as I find a mistake, but with the fluffyness of wisp, I didn't spot them until it was too late and she was blocked, at which point they became glaring. Hopefully, once the pins are out, she'll relax a bit and they won't be too obvious.

Here are a few more shots with some detail:




















And here are some of the products of a happy hour or so on Sunday afternoon.


We were up on Royal Deeside recently and on the way back, we stopped at Blairgowrie, the best raspberry growing region in the world, to pick up some semi-squished 'jam rasps' that the producers sell at the side of the road for a pound per pound. They went in the freezer at the time, but as it will be easier to move house with jars of jam rather than bags of semi-defrosted, dripping-red-sticky-juice raspberries, on Sunday I jammed them. Result - yummy!

2 comments:

Z said...

If there are anymistake we can not see them from here. I it is beautiful peice.

Twelfthknit said...

Yummy ! I don't know what the heck I'm gonna do with all my jam when we move to Zurich...I don't think I'll be allowed to take it ;0(