Friday 19 October 2007

Friday Eye Candy

Just look at these! Aren't they really cute?


I've seen them before at Woolfest, little baby balls of sock yarn for little baby socks, but managed to resist. At knitting night however, all resistance failed. Katherine, the owner of our local LYS brought them along so that we could knit voodoo dolls to ease the anguish of (or at least cheer up) one of our fellow knitters who has been accused of something so preposterous that I won't even give it blog-space here.


On the dwindling-stash front, I've visited the storage unit that my yarn currently resides in and extracted (to the not-inconsiderable amusement of the guys working there who probably don't often see random women raking through boxes of yarn outside one of the units) three skeins of Catalina Baby Alpaca DK, two skeins of Colinette Jitterbug and some Rowanspun 4 ply.

The DK and the Jitterbug are both going to be swatched with a view to becoming a tank-top (yes, I'm still worrying away at that idea) and the 4 ply is for an un-bloggable project. This is a new thing for me but suffice to say that I'm aware that some close family members have been known to lurk in the vicinity of this blog...

Finally, I'm now on Ravelry. For anyone wanting to visit me there, I'm known as MaryD in those parts!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yes! Those are too, too cute! I could buy lots of those.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comment on the scarf, hope that K1 comes up trumps for you. They have a lovely pattern of their own using Habu yarns, looks lovely in the picture but I don't know what the yarn is like, hard to tell from the photograph and it is quite expensive to buy just one cone to look at. Of course, probably will, eventually, I have absolutely no knitting willpower.