Monday 18 February 2008

More squares

Well, I've finally got round to blocking the body of the gathered pullover and done some thinking about how I'm going to do the sleeves, but until it's dry and the inspiration takes me, I'm back to squares for the blanket.

The initial 4-square-per-evening fervour has subsided to a more managable 2 square per evening-when-I've-got-nothing-else-to-knit pace. I've also stretched the rules about allowable yarns slightly to use up the ends of three balls of Noro silk garden. I would class this as a fairly heavy DK but it looked OK knitted up on 3mm needles.


I have however adhered to the ends-woven-in rule and there is not a single wayward end to be seen in the pile of squares waiting to be blocked.


These are the latest batch of squares. I'm up to 45 squares now so that's 20% of the minimim 225 squares I need.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like your colours so far - it's going to look great. And your improvised hat is lovely. Hope it does the job on the slopes. It definitely looks the part !

Arianwen said...

love the hat it is really cute. The squares are totally delicious! Is it a similar blanket to Heather's?