Thursday 13 March 2008

Blinking into the light.

I have spent 6 hours peering down a microscope today in a darkened room and have just emerged, stumbling slightly and blinking at the brightness. Sadly, this little hat is not big enough to protect me!


It's Adorabubble Knits 'On the Sunny Side' baby sun hat. I knitted it for a friend who's wife and three month old baby are moving to Glasgow from Canada next week. I know a sun hat is a bit optomistic for Glasgow, but it's knitted in heavy DK so it should be pretty warm if needs be.


The yarn is Colinette Banyan in the marble colourway and I only used half a skein on this hat (I made the 1 year old size because my gauge was smaller than needed so it should fit a 4-8 month old). I absolutely loved knitting this and might have to make another for friends of the Resident Radiologist.

Incidentally, the RR suceeded in the job interview I mentioned a few posts ago and will be moving back to Glasgow Vet School in July. No more commuting along the M8 - yipeeeee.

No comments: