Tuesday 11 March 2008

Unreliable intentions.

...when I made my rules about the sock yarn blanket, I said that I would block as I went along so at the end, all there would be left to do would be sewing up. I promptly failed in that aspiration and accumulated 40-odd more-or-less (often less) squares, all with woven in ends but all in need of a good wet block.


Last week, I had an unexpected day at home while an electrician re-wired our upstairs lighting so I thought I'd bite the bullet and get on with the blocking. I didn't fully anticipate how many times it's possible to kneel on pins and not learn my lesson. This was the more repetitive blocking task I've ever undertaken and it has definitely reinforced my intention to block the rest of the squares as I knit them ( though as I type, I have three more squares lying on my desk, unblocked, so my intentions appear to be pretty unreliable!).

Despite the gathered pullover and an unbloggable project still sitting unfinished in the work pile, I've also cast on another project. It's the 'On the sunny side' baby sun hat by Melanie Hoffman. I'm knitting it in Colinette Banyan, colourway 'Marble', for the daughter of a colleague . It's a really well-written pattern and will probably only take a couple of evenings to knit up.

2 comments:

Arianwen said...

they are gorgeous I cant wait to see them all put together! Though I think they look really lovely bordered the white towel just makes them.

Unknown said...

Oh dear, I do hope your knees are recovered by now, doesn't it look lovely though? All those gorgeous colours.