Friday 30 May 2008

Ho hum...

Remember my experiment with hand-dyeing?


Well, it's been transformed into another pair of socks for the Resident Radiologist who's giving them their trial run today.


I'm really curious to know how the colour in these socks is going to hold up under frequent trips through the washing machine. I probably won't have to wait too long to find out as the RR likes wearing his hand-knit socks all year round.

The completion of these socks means that I've hit a bit of a knitting hiatus. I don't really want to cast on yet another pair of socks (though I have plenty yarn and they're small, portable and convenient summer projects) and I've run out of left-over yarn for the blanket project at the moment, but I'm struggling to get the inspiration for a more major project.

My sister has requested a mitred-square blanket a la Mason-Dixon Knitting, in her usual colourway (ecru, pale blue, pale pink and taupe) so maybe I'll get going on that. I haven't decided on DK or aran weight yet - I'm trying to decide which will be better value - but am probably tending towards aran.

Finally a little enigma to ponder...


How does a cat get in through the cat flap, make her way across the dining room rug and up the long flight of carpeted stairs with enough mud left on her paws to leave tracks in the bath? I really can't get my head around it!

1 comment:

Twelfthknit said...

That's like some modern art I saw at the Kunsthaus recently...
india