Thursday 3 July 2008

Vinnland.

Before I write a post about Woolfest 2008 and the fantastic time I had there, I thought I'd better catch up on the last bloggable pre-woolfest project that I haven't written up yet.


These socks are Vinnland by Becca Compton and were the last thing I knitted before my mojo gave out (though I should have been able to tell that was coming as the only things I'd knitted for months were socks and 4 inch squares!).


The yarn is Arwetta superwash merino and nylon sock yarn that I received in my mystery yarn swap parcel from Denmark a couple of months ago. It's really beautiful yarn and shows up the travelling rib pattern in the socks perfectly. I have another couple of balls of this yarn in my stash and am looking forward to knitting with it (maybe Boyfriend Socks for the Resident Radiologist?).

The pattern wasn't very well written in that it rarely had a stitch count that you could check against (and as this was my first short-row toe and heel, I would really have appreciated the reassurance that I was in the right place) and there was an error in the stitch count for the pattern panel (it was over 28 stitches instead of the 30 printed). This said, it is an absolutely beautiful motif once knitted up and was fairly easily memorised.

My knitting mojo is well and truely back in place now and for once, I have a list of projects I want to cast on, and (most unusually), the yarn for each of them in the stash!

Here's the current list: Apres Surf Hoodie in Rowan Cashcotton 4 ply,
French Market Bag in Catalina Baby Alpaca DK,
Nutkin Socks in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock,
Boyfriend Socks in Arwetta Superwash Merino.

This list if, of course, in addition to the sock yarn blanket and my sister's blanket, both of which are currently WIPs!

No comments: