Friday 11 July 2008

Woolfest Stash

Finally I've found time to get to the blog again. I've been learning new techniques at work and it always takes much longer than I think it will.

Here's the Woolfest stash additions:

Some more Lopi roving to add to the wheels from last year (from Twist Fibre Crafts)...


...some sock yarn for the Resident Radiologist, chosen by him...


...some Faery Lace yarn from Fyberspates. I hummed and hawed over buying this when Jen was doing the trunkshow in Glasgow and eventually put it down, but when I saw it again at Woolfest, I just had to have it...


...some more Catalina Baby alpaca yarn to add to the left-overs from last year (my sister wants a French Market Bag in the same yarn as the one I made for myself)!


...finally a cheap drop spindle for me. I've wanted to give this a go for a while but didn't want to spend a fortune on a spindle to find that I didn't really enjoy it. Now I just have to get the hang of it!


I've already had a go on it but I don't think I'm holding the roving right - I'm going to take it along to knitting night in a couple of weeks and see if anyone can help.

No comments: