Wednesday 27 May 2009

Finished

Apres Surf is off the needles and all sewn up. I'm really delighted with the finished result - this was my best ever attempt at seaming and my best ever set in sleeves. I really feel that I've made progress with this project.


Here are the details:

Pattern: Apres Surf Hoodie by Connie Chang Chinchio
Yarn: RYC CashCotton 4 ply in Citron
Needles: 3.5 and 3.25mm addi lace needles.

Alterations: I knitted the body in the round up to the armholes and neck divide and then flat to the shoulders. I knitted the sleeves flat then seamed them before setting them in. I did a normal cast on for the body and sleeves and then did an applied i-cord afterwards instead of a provisional cast on and i-cord bind off. (I did do the i-cord bind off on the hood and it was lovely but took for ever!).


I still need to re-block since the neck and hood edging was added but I've already worn it a couple of times. The yarn is beautifully soft next to the skin and the shape is really wearable.

No comments: