Monday 21 December 2009

Still Busy

Despite the finishing flurry recently, I'm still busy. I have three projects on-the-go at the moment, and countless others I can't wait to cast on.

The project which is going to be on the needles for the longest is definitely an exersize in deferred gratification:

'House Colours' scarf for the Resident Radiologist. The yarn is Old Maiden Aunt 100% Merino 4 ply in the November colourways 'Put on the Day' and 'Midnight Owl' from the Previews Yarn Club. As soon as I opened the parcel, the RR exclaimed that the colours were his old house colours from school. That sealed it - they were destined for him.
I'm knitting the scarf on 3.5mm needles in 2x2 rib and it could take some time - I'm aiming for 60" long (if there's enough yarn) and I'm currently at 7"!

The next project is actually now off the needles and just awaits felting:

Chaton Minet Felted Cat Basket by Caroline Dlugy-Hegwer (Rav link). I've been knitting it in Lopi Roving from Twist Fibre Craft Studio in Fife. The current state of this project is floppy and huge, but I'm hoping it will end up dense and compact. I'm going to try felting the swatch before going for the whole thing. A fellow raveler has knitted the same project in the same yarn and had to put it through two 40C cycles to get it felted, so I'm not too worried about messing it up on the first run.

The last project on the needles is a pair of socks:

Leyburn byMintyFresh (Rav link). These were meant to be for me, but they've come up just too big and happily fit my sister perfectly, so once this singleton has a pair, they'll be winging their was east to keep her feet warm.

Finally, I'd just like to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

I'll be back on-line some time between Christmas and New Year.

No comments: