Thursday 14 January 2010

New scarf and a bit of demolition...

The relentless march through projects goes on - I just can't seem to stop knitting at the moment and most of the projects I've picked have been fairly quick.

The latest is a bright new scarf with yarn I bought in the sales. This stuff didn't even make it to the stash!

DSCF4290

Details:
The Pattern is 'Brooke's Column of Leaves' by Brooke Nelson.
The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cotton DK in Raspberry. I used just under 5 balls for a 60" scarf.
I used 4.5mm needles throughout.
I made no modifications.

I'm normally veer away from Debbie Bliss yarns (although I still have some old examples in my stash) as they tend to be poor quality, with lots of knots per ball and pill horribly on wearing. In addition to this they tend to be expensive and not good value yardage-wise. While this yarn is quite short on yardage, I only found 1 knot in 5 balls and, in the sale, the price was right. The colour is also fabulous for winter and lifts my brown coat and matches a long-line jumper that I should be able to wear right up until my due date.

In tune with the relentless march through projects, the relentless march through pregnancy also continues. The Resident Radiologist and I are now starting to make serious progress towards a nursery. The room had a cracked ceiling and non-level floor and events are in motion this week to rectify the situation.

When I got home last night, the room no longer had a ceiling at all and I've been assured that, while there will be a new ceiling this evening (cunningly preserving the original mouldings), there won't be a floor! Roll on the weekend when structural integrity should be restored.

No comments: