Tuesday 7 December 2010

With hindsight...

... I would never have knitted the following projects.

I loved the patterns and the yarn, and it seemed like a good idea at the time, but they've never been used. On a positive note, they didn't take long and are still really cute!

I didn't want to knit anything major for Imogen in newborn size as she would grow out of it so fast, but I thought that a little hat and sock set to go home from the hospital would be nice. In reality, she was wearing a sleep suit, so the socks were unnecessary and the hat was too big. By the time it fitted, we were having a hot summer so was too hot!

Pattern: Baby socks and hat by Sue Morgan.
Yarn: RYC cashcotton 4 ply.
Needles: 3mm DPNs.

This yarn makes a lovely hat and I'll probably knit another one for her in the future as I have a lot of it in stash. It's too inflexible for socks though, especially very little ones to go on delicate feet.

No comments: